Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading a post on stangnet earlier and someone was talking about being able to relocated the starter solenoid to the trunk.. how do i do this... what about all the wire that go on with the positive cable...anyone have pics

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am in the process of doing the same thing. What I am planning on doing is (1) move the solenoid to the trunk, (2) run a 1/0 cable from one side of my disconnect switch to one side (+) side of the solenoid, (3) then run a 4 gauge cable from that same side of the solenoid to a 3/8 stud distribution block on the front of the car and (4) connect all the wires that originally came off the + side of the solenoid to that. I think this would work and not interfer with the voltage regulator. The other open post on the solenoid I will run a 1/0 cable to the starter. That is what I have come up with, can anybody else provide some info as to whether or not this would work?

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
I used the schematic on the MAD electrical website listed above. Works great. I hid my solenoid in the trunk on the passenger side under the liner, so you never see it or the wiring at all.

I did run my starter cable inside the car on the passenger side floor boards, then drilled a hole in the foot well area and used a rubber grommet for the exit. I run all my power under the car using 6 gauge wire. One on drivers' side to original power/ solenoid location, and one on the passenger side for my electrical fans and later NOS power.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i kept it in the stock location,,, well as close to stock as it gets my whole inner fender in front of the shock tower is custom,, i routed the harness out of the hole where the cruise control crap used to go through.. my harness was long enought to go around the inner fender so i drilled a hole and used a grommet it looks good ill get some pics tommorow

http://groups.msn.com/BlackStang/fabpanel.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=612

here is a pic of the inner fender b4 i put everything back in.. it actually looks worse right now because of some paint chipping.. im gunna go back in.. refabricate the top of where the fender bolts once i get a good welder.. drill out some holes i welded shut that i need... weld some holes in the firewall shut.. and put on some real paint instead of being lazy and spray bombing it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts