Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roller rockers werent adjusted right and when my car started I believe it collasped all the lifters. Now the car wont start and i need to know how to pump up the lifters with oil again and how to adjust the RR's again. Do i need to adjust them twice....do i need to oil pump prime the engine to get the lifters pumped up. Help me out here guys...and is there a good chance that the pushrods got bent when the lifters collapsed. By the way..this was a qualified mechanic that F*$ked my whole car up

Thanks for the Help
Joe

·
Registered
315 Posts
un do all the rockers, primed the oil pump and lifters by using electric drill and socket to fit in oil pump drive shaft, do this for 10 minutes and crank the engine by hand, not by starter. Keep doing this till you see oil coming out of push rod or rocker oil hole then adjust the rocker.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply....is it possible that the lifter wont get pumped back up and will need to be replaced

·
Registered
810 Posts
what NOS kit is best?

what kit truly pumps out the power they advertise from a carb plate system? my junky compucar 175HP shot only made 100rwhp.:mad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok..that last post has nothing to do with me WTF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts