Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to use a sumped tank i would like to see some pics of how you mounted your pump if you have a good pic showing how you made the bracket to hold the pump. would help me out . also do you have any problems from it ......i am going to pick up a new tank from the auto parts store get the sump from wild rides and weld it up my self (to save money) will this work just fine

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys just need to see a few pics and anyone that can tell me something i should know about mounting mine

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You asked for it. Here's one example.

·
Registered
877 Posts
most are mounting them to plastic cover on front of gas tank(right behind diff cover)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The way MYOWNR said to mount it is actually better with a sumped tank over what I have with a fuel cell. You can get the pump pretty low and out of sight mounted to the front of the fuel tank plastic cover. I have seen pictures on the Corral so maybe somebody will post them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I made a bracket and mounted mine in back level with the sump.

it hangs down a bit and can be seen but i dont mind.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one more thing guys how long a run of hose do i need to got from pump to regulator.....i am getting it from work for free but need to know how long to get ( it is even made by aeromotive,but its black)

·
Registered
877 Posts
roughly 20' but you will have some left over. better to have enough than run short.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts