Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knwo everyone says to the negative side of the coil or to the MSD box, but I don't have a box and I have the stock 95 coil, is there a negative spot on there at all?
Is this tach hard to install. Maybe a few of you can give me some insight into getting one hooked up, otherwise I will have to pay someone to do it.

Ryan

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
4 wires Ryan. Red to a keyed 12V source, black to a solid ground, white to the instrument lights for the backlight and the green to the "-" on the coil. On the older cars I'm pretty sure it was a green wire. My MSD coil is also marked +/-, not sure about yours though. For the instrument panel lights I popped out my headlight switch and tapped the parking light circuit for power.

How's BC?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I might have an easier way. I hooked all of my wires accept for the green which goes to the negative side of the coil to the back of the CD player and the wires back there are marked as to what they are. The green can go down behind the dash and you can pull it out by your feet then poke a hole through a rubber boot in the firewall. Hope this helps it took me like 5 mins.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim, nice to hear from ya. Like you said, my coil is different than yours, that is what is puzzling me. Maybe I will see you on a Sunday sometime in August, I will be home for a few weeks.

Ryan

P.S, I am going to try that manual fan switch mod, hope all goes well.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Let me know when you'll be in town.

After thinking about it some more and reading Stangman's post the radio wiring would be real easy to tap as well for the dash lights. The coil is a 2 connection deal. Maybe do an on-line search for a wiring diagram to get a colour code for the negative side. Or I'm sure one of these guys could take a quick look at their hook-ups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts