Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im using the factory stereo in my 90 lx (beater). ive done this twice before with the factory stereo but i cant remember how to wire it without the rca's....i know i have to do something with either the back or front speakers but what? whta do i do to substitute for having no rca's??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody knows...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
You basicly will just tap into the wires running to the speakers in the back and run them to the subs. The problem with doing it this way is that it allows voicies and all through the subs also so it does not sound as well.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
cmichael00 said:
You basicly will just tap into the wires running to the speakers in the back and run them to the subs. The problem with doing it this way is that it allows voicies and all through the subs also so it does not sound as well.
As long as some sort of crossover is used that won't be a problem.

Bounty: The thing you're looking for is a line-level converter. You want to take the speaker level signal down to a preamp signal for your amp. If your amp doesn't have a built in crossover you'll need one of those as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive got a cross over. but the thing im wondering is where to i wire from the rear speakers? where do i run the wire to on the amp?

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
You hook up a line level converter to the speaker wires. That should have an RCA output for your amp.

Either that, or the easy way to do it is to buy an amp with speaker-level inputs. No external level converter needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts