Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped in my motor in my 96gt today and I am wondering how i am going to get the tranny installed with the longtubes installed already. THey are bbk headers PLZ help...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on somebody has to have some info

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Loosen all 8 header nuts all the way on the on the driverside header but dont remove the nuts, just enough so that they can stay on the stud without them coming off. You will also have to remove the knucle bolt on the steerig shaft. and remove both egr tube nuts connected to the header. Now tilt the header as far over as it will go, you should have enough clearance for the bellhousing...DA Snake Boy!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had a shop do some work on the motor and they pulled everything out of it. but I went in there to help get the car back together and we just put the motor in. and that was tough as it was. can you put it all together and drop the whole assembly in at once?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
duane,
THats what i was afraid of. THanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yes you can pull the motor and put the tranny on with both long tubes and drop the engine from the top, but the car will have to on jack stands in the front about 6 to 8 inches high because the engine will have to go in at an angle..BTW remove the steering shaft knuckle bolt and move the steering shaft out of the way as much as possible and the motor will go right in...DA Snake Boy!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THanks, I will try that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts