Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking out my ac so I need to disconnect all of the lines. I'm pretty sure you have to get a little orange plastic snap thing that slides into it then pull the lines apart. Am I right?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I used boltcutters:D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just did an R134a conversion this summer - but used the fantastic Hose Wizards set up that includes new Sanden compressor, adapter brackets, all lines/hoses and a new condensor. You will need, as I recall, two sizes of disconnect tools. You can buy a set fairly cheap and I'd recommend you do it.

LOL

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Old5.0Guy said:
You can buy a set fairly cheap
Yep. Walk into any Autozone and ask for "A/C and Fuel Line Disconnect". You should get a plastic package with several different colored snappers. Goes for ~$2.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yeah just slip one of the plastic pieces over each side of the line, they'll be slightly different sizes, squeeze the two plastic things toward each other on each side of the fitting and then pull the lines apart. It's a little goofy sounding, but once you've done one, you'll know what I mean. I %^$#@# with it for about 15 minutes before I figured out you had to have one of the plastic sleeves on each side of the fitting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts