Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting Accufab's throttle body for my 98 cobra . I hear you might have to adjust the T.P.S. . How do you go about that ? I know you need a voltage gauge . I have that . Anything else i need to perform adjustment ?
I believe doing this modification should help my cobra breath better to give it more horse power .:)

·
Registered
276 Posts
1. You'll need (2) small pins or needles.
2. Voltmeter
3. Phillips screwdriver

On the TPS there are (3) wire. One brown with either light grey or white stripe, leave this one alone.

The other two are grey with one having a red stripe andthe other a white stripe.

poke the pins or needles throught the insulation and make sure you make contacked with the wire inside. This is better than actually splicing the wires.

Then turn the ignition on on the car, but dont turn the engine on. make sure all accessories are off (radio, lights, etc...)

Set the meter to volts direct.

Use the positive (RED) prong end of the meter to touch the grey/white wire.

At the same time use the negative (BLACK) prong to touch the other wire (grey/red).

The meter shoul read .99 or less. Try to have it as close to .99 as possible. Mine is set at .985

If you need to adjust it use the screwdriver to loosen the two screws and adjust the TPS.

Good luck!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts