Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a set of stock upper and lower rear control arms with the poly bushings already installed for my budget project.

I keep reading about how poly bushings squeak. These obviously dont have any grease fittings installed for lubrication, so how much noise do they make really.

I know that aftermarket arms are better, but this is what I have, so please dont look at this question from a performance stand point, but more from an irritation stand point.

Is the sound so bad that it sounds like the car is going to fall apart, or is it only mild squeaking under certain conditions?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have lower control arms with the poly bushings.... I don't notice any unusual noise while driving.

·
Registered
360 Posts
They will squeak eventually. The super thick lube that is included with the bushings? Use more than you think you need. I would say that most of the mustangs ive had it takes about 6 months to a year for the grease to wear off and to start squeak. But you shouldnt be able to hear the squeaks over the exhaust system anyway.LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got poly everywhere. the only time I have any noise is when it's cold out (like around or below freezing). I get some squeeking in the front, not sure if it's the spring seats or front control arm. There is no noise otherwise (so far...). I've had them for about 10K miles. Since you are in TX, I don't think you'll have the "cold issue" that I do. lol

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, doesnt sound so bad after all. I was afraid that the poly bushing were going to squeak all the time, loudly. Not so concerned now. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts