Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im asking because i want to install a 94+ dash in my 93.

fromt what i am thinking... the basic shell of the cars should be the same- correct?? so i could use all the 94+ heat duct work and heater box/ a/c core box from a 94+......

I have to look at it more closely though....

wiring shouldnt really be a big deal anyways since i am going with all aftermarket guages.... what else is there to wire up??? nothing really i can think of......

and is the steering colume all the same also????

thanks

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
You might want to page Tim_the_toolman on this one. He hangs out here and on Stangnet. He put a 94+ dash in his 86 and said he had a ***** of a time and had to fab up a ton of stuff. Offhand he mentioned the windshields are sloped at different angles. I think he said the whole project cose him about $1000

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i just finished taking apart my dash to remove the heater core setup and gut all the unnecessary wiring and other junk. the firewall in the 94 appears to be identical to the fox right down to the size of the holes for the heater core unit. the angle of the windshield is completely different and the dash is more curved around the back where it bolts below the windshield. the heating system is completely different than the fox so you would have to swap over to the newer setup. I have it in the classifieds if your interested. my car has 59K original miles so the unit would be like new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts