Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No boost. Yes. I ran a 90, but only becasue I could split it. A 75 would have done fine.
I’ve got a pro m 75 mm for 30lb injectors as well. I’m guessing for an n/a application it’s good ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Also what does everyone run for an intake manifold on these stroker motors ? Is a Holley still okay ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mine has the Scat 9000 series 3.4 crank, 5.4 h beam rods and SRP pistons at 10.5 cr. Used various cams before settling on the Anderson N-71. Lots of abuse at the track on 150 shot NOS nitrous kit. Engine built back in 2002 using 1986 stock block and hydraulics, no girdle and spun to 6700 via Vic Jr's and RPM2, 36 lbs and 70mm. Pulled 2014 from track use and sat on stand for 5 years before just becoming a daily n/a. It does seem to consume more oil now on the street but may be due to not running a baffle in valve cover to clearance rocker arms. Other than that, she's a beast on the street for the 100 round trip commute to work. 4.10s have proven to be a bit much at 80mph, turning 2950 rpms using the Tremec 3550 vice the previous C4. Stepping to 3.55s next week and will enjoy the improved top end.🤣 The 4.10s did allow me to spank a cammed newish Camaro tho, 136 mph from a roll AND he had gotten a jump on me from the start. Had a blast on that one.🤪

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Lots of great info in this thread.

Just wondering on injector size and intake manifold as well.

Also how do I find out what my compression would be with the scar 1-94170 kit with 56cc heads ? It states in the description +6cc for piston head volume.

Thanks !

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Lots of great info in this thread.

Just wondering on injector size and intake manifold as well.

Also how do I find out what my compression would be with the scar 1-94170 kit with 56cc heads ? It states in the description +6cc for piston head volume.

Thanks !
It's a flat top and you'll have to use a -6.0cc for a normal compression app. (flat or a dish is actually -6, a dome would be +6. Why they do it backwards I can not idea)

So...10.71:1 at .010 in the hole. That answers the question you asked. The AFR 205's (or 185s if you opt for them) are 58ccs, which would net you 10.45:1.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It's a flat top and you'll have to use a -6.0cc for a normal compression app. (flat or a dish is actually -6, a dome would be +6. Why they do it backwards I can not idea)

So...10.71:1 at .010 in the hole. That answers the question you asked. The AFR 205's (or 185s if you opt for them) are 58ccs, which would net you 10.45:1.
Appreciate you man.

Any advice on manifolds and injector sizes ?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I'd probably use the RPM II. Worked well for me. But. I'm an inside the motor guru. When it came to tune, I'd pass it off to someone that knows what they're doing. My guess would be 42s.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

I’d be looking at trickflow heads and they’re 56cc. I wouldn’t want to go above 10.5:1 for a pump gas.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I’d be looking at trickflow heads and they’re 56cc. I wouldn’t want to go above 10.5:1 for a pump gas.

Assuming .010 in the hole, you're at 10.71:1, which would be fine running 94 octane. I assume the came will exceed 230° on both side and that will make it easier on you.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So talking with my machine shop. The fella really wants to deck the block. I just asked him if he can bore it out 0.30 over to accept my stroker kit. He wants me to have the pistons in and deck the block as well as to have my cam in it for cam bearings.

This is the response.

Adjustments.jpg

·
Vendor
12,007 Posts
Hes trying to limit a potential problem. His boring bar like all manual bars uses the deck to square the block in the bar. The head that travels down and bores the cylinder to a desired size is following the existing hole. If the deck is not square, you can end up boring the hole off center and removing more material from one side than the other

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Gotcha. The problem is I don’t have the rotating assembly yet. I didn’t know any of this and I just brought him the block a couple of days ago thinking he can just bore it hot tank it and put new plugs in it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
He can bore the block without the pistons. It's usually done slightly under size, then fit the piston. it would require setup of the machine twice though. So he probably wants to do it all at once.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts