Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a 94 manual, 3.55 gears, cam, ported heads, 5 psi boost. I have a 97 z28 and was wondering if I am in trouble? Be kind to the chevy :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well, what do you have done to your car? If it is stock, then he could take you.

-Billy

·
Registered
723 Posts
yooknohu said:
it's a 94 manual, 3.55 gears, cam, ported heads, 5 psi boost. I have a 97 z28 and was wondering if I am in trouble? Be kind to the chevy :)
if your stock ..your done for. Even if you have a few mods Id put my money on him. He should be going 12's on sticky tires.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a six speed with a pro 5 and a short stick, cai, AT catback.
This guy really wants to race me so I don't want to get an azz kickin. Especially because he is a friend of the family.

·
Registered
723 Posts
yooknohu said:
I have a six speed with a pro 5 and a short stick, cai, AT catback.
This guy really wants to race me so I don't want to get an azz kickin. Especially because he is a friend of the family.
Better street race him...and then shut down early man. Im not tryin to be an ass but i dont have many problems with LT1's when im on street tires man;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had almost the same setup as your buddy and I ran easy 13.00's @ 107 on D/R's, more than enough to handle lightly modded LS-1's. Good luck, if you hook you have a chance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so will I have a better chance from a stop or try to take him from a 50 roll?

·
Registered
723 Posts
yooknohu said:
so will I have a better chance from a stop or try to take him from a 50 roll?
if you catch him in a bad gear this would be your best bet man...but if hes in a beefy part of his powerband hes gonna leave you pretty bad. Id say do him from a stop...maybe he will blow the tires and you will hook and that way it will take a little bit before he starts pulling on you. You should have a 13 sec car that goes over a 100 in the quarter. No turd man. if you hook outta the hole and he doesnt...you could hold him off for quite a while...at least enough to say you were going fast enough. Then when he wants a rematch tell him he had his chance and you need to see him get a few more mods before he gets another shot at it;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts