Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some quick Kenne Bell questions

I have a ts1000-8 I have read the owners manual and its the 8# setup. :joy: The only difference from the ts1000-5 is that it has a bigger pully and it has ignition retard and fuel pump but if i'm at full boost at 2000rpm i will just turn down my inital timing to start with i will be worth it. And it comes with a small fuel pump, i forget the size but i remember thinking that its not much bigger than stock. So would i be able to run 8# with my 19# injectors?? and a "boost a pump" I have been doing some researching and from what i have been reading they can flow over 150% over stock. :eek: and people have been having lots of luck with them. Let me know what you think.

Also with the 8# setup i think i will be around 300HP and that is what most people say is the limit of the stock fuel system but witht a boost a pump and FMU does it sound like it will be ok?

i will not be doing any heavy racing just a little street driving. I bought it mostly for the HUGE torque :) i love the feeling of full boost at 2000rpm in 2nd gear. The torque just pushes in your seat. (not mine, not installed yet, another car i have driven with KB)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way i have cooler plugs, gapped to .35, i run 93 or 94 octane i have CAI, and i will be installing a cooler thermostat. What temp to you recomend? I'm also going to get some ceramic headers and remove my underhood insuation to help keep underhood temps down.

http://forums.stangnet.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=2313433

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone?

·
Registered
941 Posts
A) a 255 lph pump is only around $100. Buy one of those. cheap, easy, proven.
B) if you are buying injectors, I wouldn't screw around with anything less than 30#/hr...especially if you are planning on running 8+ psi.
C) find out what size pump they gave you. I wouldn't go any smaller than a 190 (but for $10 more, see (A) above.) When you are messing with blowers, know what ou are working with
D) When people speak of "stock fuel system" generally they are talking about the lines and rails adn not teh pump and injectors. PLEASE do not try to run the blower with the stock pump period. You could try the boost a pump, but I'd recommend a higher volume pump with that as well. Boost a pump also costs twice as much as an intake replacement pump.

remember, street driving and track racing are the same when you are at WOT. Don't undersize a fuel system - especially on a street car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts