Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted a small nitrous shot on my (summer only) daily driver. The cars got great pistons and a cam that's suited for it, but I wonder how often I could use it without fukking my car up

·
Registered
759 Posts
Any power adder will take its toll on an engine. You just need to make sure that you tune the car correctly for No2 use.

I Fully expect to replace an engine when it reaches 100,000 to 110,000 miles no matter what.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i spray everyweekend, sometimes during the week, and have had no probs. but i do plan on getting some rods and pistons just for peace of mind. and to up the shot of course!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I rebuilt when compression starts to go and when the rings start to see blow-by. Unless you have forged internals, parts start to deteriate. 100,000 miles or so for me is enough.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Plenty of 5.0's just on this board that have way over 100k. Mine has 119 and has no blowby or lost compression. But if thats what you do then ok.

·
Registered
188 Posts
In the summertime I use N20 at least once a week. Even if I'm not racing I'll use it for my own amusement. My stock motor just turned 200K, I've been spraying since about 150K. This car is my only means of transportation and I expect it to last a quarter of a million miles. As long as your motor is tuned for it you should be fine. Even my T-5 was holding up untill a few thousand miles ago.

·
Registered
123 Posts
nitrous usually causes damage because of user error..

I have dozens of NX customers that have had no problem..
and 1 that has. The admitted the problem was his fault...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts