Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your vaccum at Idle and what rpm do you idle at?

I can't find a vac. leak, but I'm pretty sure I've got one.
I have had this thing apart several times(Intake and heads off) and every time I put it back together I have gotten different vaccum readings at idle. I have pulled as much as 16 mm of mercury at 900, and it's street manners very good(could idle around in 1st to as low as1200rpms. This time I'm at like 13-14, and buck like hell under 1700. The drivablility gets better when its at running temp. 177.

Could this be a timming issue? I was running 12degrees, and now I'm running 10.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I usually pull 11-12 in(you said mm, not sure what the conversion is) at 900 rpm idle. My car doesnt buck or anything at low rpms when warm, drives like a stocker. I do have a hot start surge problem and it will die every once in a while. Other than that driveability is good. I would say you have a tuning issue

·
Registered
35,491 Posts
Does your Explorer intake have egr? Mine doesn't - and solved a mysterious vacuum leak when I discovered that the upper to lower gaskets I was using (two of them since I've got a spacer) were designed for egr use - they had a metal ring aroung the center egr port. Since my manifolds have no port, I theorized they were holding the center of the manifold/spacer slightly higher than the ends. I removed both gaskets, cut out the metal ring, and reinstalled them. Voila - no more vacuum leak. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ment inches:eek:

I guess I'll tune on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts