Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a question? How much do you think it would cost for my car to run 12s? I was thinking, exhaust, gears, converter and N2O would get it there. PI heads and intake would help too, but I dont know. I am trying to keep this under $1500 so list prices too if you can. The reason why I want to know is because my friend with a DSM says it is impossible to do. I think high 12s are possible. What do you guys think? Any great combos out there? Thanks.

edit: my car ran a best of [email protected]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dude, I'll help ya out because I hate it when people don't respond to posts. I would get the PI heads, gears, and a nitrous kit. This will probably put you well over the $1500 range, maybe closer to the $2000 range. It could depend thought. If you can find the heads cheap and used, jump on them. If you want to make a low budget set-up, check the Corral's parts for sale page, that should help ya out. Tell your ricer friend that you can definately get into the 12's, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
get the heads and gears if ur a good driver you can make it in the 12's as i have done. You will need to borrow tires to keep it under 1500

·
Registered
55 Posts
01moneygreen-
Are you saying you ran your best on the mods in your sig, with borrowed slicks? Wow. Actually, the tire you used would be nice to know, I am convincing myself to mod my car to beat my friends:evilgrin:, and I am trying to decide how much I will need. Everyone keeps telling me gears and tires, but I also am not sure what else to do. Pulleys & T/A, then what? I am pretty much shooting for 12's for under $1500 to see if I can do it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
01moneygreen-
I'm confused :confused: That's about what I'm running, where did you run that? Just out of curiosity, no flame intended.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
NOS will always be the cheapest way but it can be done NA as well.

Bill

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I ran that at virginia motorsports speedway. i run consistent 12.90's. did u go to the ford fever classic MIR this last year in oct 02 ?? if so all u had to do was watch the stock class with me and justin burcham in it. I was the green car that was running consistent 12's.

And daily driver i used drag radials

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doing a PI swap would be a good step twoards a 12 second time slip. A shift kit, gears, and sticky tires will also help quite a bit. It will be hard to do it for $1500 but not impossible. I have ran a best of 14.3 on a 2.1 60' w/the mods in my sig. I would think that with my mods on a regular car (by this I mean a car w/o the heavy Saleen Suspension) and drag radials a 13.9x or 14.0x slip would be possible. The head swap will cost more in the beginning but you won't have to keep refilling a bottle to run the times you want. That's my opinion though.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hey Redride, I will meet ya out at Bithlo, and let you drive the Lightning down a 12 sec pass, for free.

Other than that, headswap and gears, and you should have no problems.

joe:evil:

·
Registered
106 Posts
01moneygreen said:
I ran that at virginia motorsports speedway. i run consistent 12.90's. did u go to the ford fever classic MIR this last year in oct 02 ?? if so all u had to do was watch the stock class with me and justin burcham in it. I was the green car that was running consistent 12's.

And daily driver i used drag radials
thats insane!! i wish my car ran that fast. then i couldnt imagine how fast i'd run with the 100 shot. mmmm. my best time on stock tires, 4.10s, borla mufflers, CAI was 13.7 @ 102 with a 2.2 60' time. since then i added a mac o/r h-pipe and a tri-ax and i have nitto 555 street tires on the rear now... i plan on getting some drag radials or e.t. streets for the track, but i doubt i can get into the 12s without the nitrous?? :confused: i guess i'll find out when the track opens! congrats on your times though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts