Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently decided my 89 needs more muscle, I have decided on the following combo...

Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads (dont have yet)
Crower 15512 Hdy Roller (on the way) 282/286 222/228 .496/.512 112
weiand stealth intake, and a 650 DP Holley carb
MSD distrib/6al ignition
1 3/4 longtubes (already have)
4.10 rear gear with 28x10 MCcreary Dot's (5-speed)
Top Gun plate system, 150-300hp (I plan on a 150 shot)

just wondering what you guy's think about the combo (whitch most of the parts are comming from corral) and what you think it will turn in the 1/4 with and without nitrous..?

I have also changed the fron clip over to a 86 and have added a design concepts 3" cowl hood (for the carb'ed look)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any Opinions? This is my daily driver so it cant be too radical...lol

who said a grocery getter couldnt get with it?...lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
2wld4u said:
I have recently decided my 89 needs more muscle, I have decided on the following combo...

Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads (dont have yet)
Crower 15512 Hdy Roller (on the way) 282/286 222/228 .496/.512 112
weiand stealth intake, and a 650 DP Holley carb
MSD distrib/6al ignition
1 3/4 longtubes (already have)
4.10 rear gear with 28x10 MCcreary Dot's (5-speed)
Top Gun plate system, 150-300hp (I plan on a 150 shot)

just wondering what you guy's think about the combo (whitch most of the parts are comming from corral) and what you think it will turn in the 1/4 with and without nitrous..?

I have also changed the fron clip over to a 86 and have added a design concepts 3" cowl hood (for the carb'ed look)

Sounds good. Is the bottom end built for that amount of spray?

Hard to say about 1/4 times. Obviously you will get the car to hook. With the 150 shot I would say you would have 400+ rwhp. So that mated with traction and a light weight car would be high 10s or better.

·
Registered
321 Posts
2wld4u said:
Any Opinions? This is my daily driver so it cant be too radical...lol

who said a grocery getter couldnt get with it?...lol
I drive my grocery getter to the track 3-4 times a week. I love it. That's how it's supposed to be. My father tows his boat around with his mid 11 second S-10. Drives it to work everyday.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I have a 331 on the stand ready for the heads, and yes the bottom end can handle the spray, I wanted mild parts and a streetable sleeper, Ill port the heads and add a more agressive cam/intake later on, but I havent even bough a set of heads yet, but this should make for a potent sleeper.....the best part is that these parts may not be the best but most of it was bought here for far less that I could have put it together with new parts...If it runs 12's Ill be happy...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts