Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have completed the setup in my sig. I am still running the stock fuel pump. How much is this hurting? I had to bump up fuel press to 50 pounds. I was running out of fuel. creating a lean condition. I had it set at 38-40 pounds. 50 seems to be working ok.
What size fuel pump should I go with?
If I go to a larger pump will I be able to lower the press back to around 38?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
You NEED a 190lph pump asap! Cant help w/ the fp issue, but I would say it should be in the mid 30's for psi and have no problems. Did you dyno it, how do u know it was lean?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Maybe I am wrong but if your running out of fuel and bumped your FP up and that made a diff. I think its ur injectors. Your fuel pump is set to pump one setting and one setting only. I think its 110 GPH. I would get the 255 GPH as its almost the same price as all the others.
Check out www.jdsperformance.com

·
Registered
252 Posts
I say 190 lph minimum. If you are planning anything else for your setup (forced induction), consider the 255 lph.:D Just my $.02

·
Registered
502 Posts
To answere your question about how much is it hurting you......It wont feel like the same car. With the mods in my sig I was running the stock pump and wasnt very impressed. Changed the pump to a 190 and bam, the car was a beast. And when you increase pressure you decrease flow, so your stock pump is REALLY hurting now that you bumped the pressure up to 50 psi. Put a new pump in that thing:joy: .

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had detonation before I bumped fuel press. The detonation all but gone now. The car has had a slight hesitation at tip in throttle. it never had this before the motor change. I reused all sensors. and have run the KOEO test. It indicated a lean condition in the left O2.
I really think a fuel pump will def. help. I was thinking of the 255 lph but wouldn't sure if it would be too big. I wouldl like to do it just in case i ever decided to change the combo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts