Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can bad O2 sensors make you get terrible gas mileage...I have 4:10 gears so I know the mileage cant be great but I am only gettin about 4-5 miles to the gallon and my check engine light is on and every time the computer is read it pulls different codes....I have a 94 GT with cam heads headers full exhaust....and some other little goodies..thanks for any replies

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
4 to 5 MPG? O2 sensors won't make it THAT bad. I'd suspect a failed fuel pressure regulator or mismatched MAF/injectors but whatever it is, get it fixed soon because you're probably washing some if it right past the rings.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
i wonder if he meant 14-15 mpg?
hell...would the car even run, with it burning gas that fast?
maybe he has a hole in his gas line or tank....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope I mean 4-5 like I wrote it sux about 50-60 dollars in gas a week the fuel pump is a new 255lph pump the injectors are factory and it has an adjustble fuel pressure regulator running 38lbs......:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
golly...have you checked your compression? does your dipstick smell like gasoline?

·
Registered
90 Posts
More than likely you have a leak somewhere. You are going to have to go from the front to the rear of your car looking for drops of fuel that should not be there. Do this while the car is running. My nephew just went through the same thing and it was one of his fuel lines where loose. he was getting less than 100 miles to a tank of gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts