Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see what everyone has spent on their cars. I have a little over $6K in mine now. Including the price of the car ($3500). All parts are listed in my sig. Will hopefull have about $7K in it when I am finished, hopefully in the next 2 months. (reasonably finished :D

I know Cmichael00 will be in here soon too, he makes me envy him sometimes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not sure if im bragging or complaning on this but, The car in the sig below has about $12500.00 worth of stuff, some of it I got new some used.
The engine and drivetrain, fuel system ect. I had in it was $22000.00.( not counting the 1600$ spent fixing blown trannys) A-4 block, Cola crank "0" balanced, Crower billet rods, Custom pistons, Sollid roller, Novi 2000,C-4 trans, so on and so fourth. I am curently building another car for all that stuff to go into though. Bad thing is I only paid 400$ for the car. An 84GT that has a 87 up body kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
if we only spoke engine, I have over 8k
with interior, suspension, braking, wheels etc, and custom fuel plumbing, I would say closer to 15-18k

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm into my 'Vert about 3500 right now....and in a few weeks, it'll be about 4500 bucks. Yeah, that includes the car and every single mod, everything but gas and insurance.

It'll run deep into the 12's, outhandle and outbrake a new GT (with 13" Cobra brakes in front and 17 x 9 Cobra R's all the way around going on in the next couple weeks), and gets 25 mpg on the highway.

:)

Once I have 5k into it, it'll be in the 11's, daily driven!

If I wasn't *wasting* so much money on fluff stuff (brakes, who needs those??), the car could be faster, cheaper, but since it's a daily, I think that all aspects of the car should be addressed.

One of my future projects is going to be to see if I can get a car into the 10's reliably for under ~3500, including car. Should be fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts