Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what you guys might have paid to get this done.If you did it yourself how long did it take?Remember these are shorties not long tubes.Thanks,Scott

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I forgot to ask,did they guarantee them against leaks? This is on an '03 Cobra BTW.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I installed JBA's on my 03 and BBK LT's on my buddies 03. Most places charge anywhere from $300 to $800. I've also heard that shops that quoted a good price raised hell when the owner went in to pick up the car. I install headers on mod motors for $300. I don't have any overhead. I drop the k-member for the install and it usually will take 8-9 hours. It's not too hard but a lot of labor. Dropping the k-member makes installation a snap. I think the extra wrench turning by doing this versus working around the k-member is well worth it. Not a single bolt is hard to get to, you can leave the starter motor on and installing the dip stick is easy. Working around the k-member is hell.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys,SOMEBODY has put shorties on before beside fsu84,how much did you pay or how long did it take.Scott

·
Registered
866 Posts
It took me about 4 hours total from start to finish and I've never done it before. Reason why:
1. My car does not have a K-Member
2. There is a lot more space in that area
3. Even more space due to a complete A/C delete
4. All stud bolts are easily accessible
5. The exhaust system drops off with 4 bolts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I worked around the K-member when I installed my JBA shorties (#1625-7JB). I think it took me pretty close to 16 hours, working/cursing alone. If I had to do it again, I'd drop the K.

Use Stage 8 locking fasteners wherever possible (clearance issues will prevent their use at all locations.

T-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts