Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know my stock injectors are killing me, just have no idea how badly. mods are listed in sig, and the cam is basically an E-303 with a little bit more lift and more exhaust duration. i am planning on 30 pound injectors, to hold me up when i spray, but will go 24's if thats what comes up used. any opinions?

also, whats a good fuel pressure to run with the 19's right now? with 24's? 30's?

Thanks so much corralers!

Arron Larkin
Houston, TX

·
Registered
182 Posts
From your sig, not at all. But I know others believe in injector overkill. Yes if you raise the fuel pressure, you will get more volume. That is how an FMU works. Stock engine mustangs with 19# can make 280-300 at the wheel with a centrifugal supercharger at like 6lbs of boost, using stock injectors.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know how the things arent always accurate, but the corral calculators say my OLD combo(e-303 and explorer intake) was flowing 21 lph on the stock injectors, and i know the current is taxing it even more.

any other opinions? i have a 188/190 fuel pump, also.

arron

·
Registered
941 Posts
At 260 to the wheels you still have pleanty of room on the stock injectors.
I've seen many 310-320 RWHP cars run fine with a nice rich AF ratio using 19# injectors.

If you are looking for more power you need to look somewhere else.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
FWIW, i run 24#'s and my combo is similar to yours. i have never seen nicer looking plugs...nice golden brown. and im running 41# of fuel pressure.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know a guy that ran 114mph in the 1/4 mile with a 3000lbs. Mustang and stock 19lbs. injectors. Believe me, you're fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts