Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order custom length pushrods, the stock ones are to short, and 6.30 is to short but 6.50 is too long. does any one know how much crane cams charges to make custom length ones

·
Registered
453 Posts
Check with Smith Brothers. www.pushrods.net

I paid about $55 for the pushrods on my ranger (V6) and they arrived in just a couple days. Might cost a bit more if you need hardened ones.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think I will be using hardened ones. I read on the crane website that if hardended ones are used, that guide plates must also be used. I do not want to use guide plates. I am not too sure what to fill in the form

Open valve spring pressure
Oil holes in ends
And I am not too sure as to the part number to use

Maybe you can help me out.

Are these pushrods made well??????

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I had to have a set made for my 88GT, they were hardened and cost me $275CDN.

That being said they failed and left pieces of rod in my motor. I would try to find a nice make such as Comp or Crane.

Ian

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what brand where these,and how much would thatg be in dollars

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
The sticks were made by comp, my builder had them tested and the actual metal was weak. He paid for a set of Cranes and I have not had a problem.

It was all due to a bad batch from Comp I guess. I still have to drop my K member and pan because of it though!

Ian

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've never heard of a problem with pushrods from Smith Brothers. I was referred to them by Crane because Crane didn't offer the size I needed for the cam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts