Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have to put on 2 P1SC's on an '02 & '00 GT's And wondering how long it took you guys to do it yourself & how many people it took to help w/h it.Did a search but not many people said how long it took them to do their first one.Thanks,Scott

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
i didnt do the install buy my mechanic said it took him about 10 hours all together...this was his first procharger install also...he has done quite a few paxton and vortech installations quicker but the intercooler took a while and some patients for him to get it in

·
Registered
202 Posts
Myself and a friend did my complete setup, including 03 Cobra tank/pump, in about 10 hours. The intercooler was by far the biggest pain (3-core sheetmetal.) I suspect a smaller I/C would be a lot easier to install.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took me and a friend around 8 hours with grilling and drinking, this is the 8th supercharger i have installed. the biggest pains for me was the fuel bucket mod, intercooler mounting and cleaning the crap off the computer connector for the chip. Each took about 2 hours. If I would have had no problems i sure it would have been together in less then 5 hours. The only thing i didn't care for was that the directions for the kit from procharger were rather vague, but the fit and finish were good.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you guys have to take the front facia off the car for the intercooler or will it fit up & under the front end by itself.w/hout removing it like you had to on the old 5.0's?THANKS for the replies guys!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is the install a "hard" install? I have done headers on my car, and every other mod that I have, I have installed myself. This system does seem pretty straight forward. No tapping of the oil pan needed, correct?

·
Registered
191 Posts
no tapping of the oil pan, p1sc is selfcontained. I'm gonna be doing the install in like a week also. What kinda mods do you have to do to teh walbro255 to get it to work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts