Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering because they are having good prices right now on new longblocks and I am considering getting one. will the 5.4 fit? maybe with a little cowl hood? Thanks for any help in advance.:D

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
If you mean from oil pan to supercharger, then you are gonna need some serious help. The deck height of the 2V 5.4L Lightning motor is higher than the 4.6. Then you get into the fact that the lower intercooler and the upper intake add another 6-8" in height, then the Eaton adds another 8-10" on top of that.

You would need one serious cowl hood to fit all that nonsense under there. However, the 5.4 sans blower will fit, and with minor changes to it. Al Papito is one person who has successfully done the swap into an SN-95. He can give you all the details maybe.

My thoughts are, if you plan on keeping it a 2V 5.4, then have a simple stright-runner box intake that fills the void in the blocks "V" and you will save alot of room above for hood clearance.

Good luck, should be a great project.
joe

·
Registered
292 Posts
with the supercharger i dont think itll fit like it was stated before but without it it should drop right in. Im going to try this swap pretty soon with an intake from the 2000 van/excursion it measures about as high as a stock 4.6 intake does. so we'll see

1 - 3 of 3 Posts