Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast is a '02 GT with a saleen supercharger? It may have exhaust and other small bolt ons.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Pretty quick. What are you reffering to when you say "fast" though?

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious how fast they are. What kinda # do you think they are putting down and what ET's might they run.
I raced one recently with my HCI lx. I had stock gearing (3.27) and stock fuel system. He would get about a 3/4 car length on me but by the top of 2nd going into 3rd, I would walk him easier than I expected.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Some things to consider. What series blower? The series II is a roots and the series IV is a twin screw. The series V is used on the 281-E car is a series V (with forged internals) Is this stang using the saleen flash or did he get a tune? The series IV on most 99+ GT's are putting out about 320-330 rwhp (about 370-380 fwhp)on an otherwise stock motor. (I would expect the numbers to go up with a free flow exhaust, ect..) That kind of HP should be good for high 12's The roots (series II) provide less HP and they build quite a bit more heat. Not to mention did this guy in the 02 know how to drive? If you can't drive it, then it doesn't matter how much HP your putting down.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize that alot of variables are to be considered and that anything can happen on the street.
I am really looking to get a comparison for my car.
I am sure I have some weight advantage as well.
Thanks for the good info. Not sure which he had. He just said it was a saleen S/C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts