Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
a guy named big daddy has gone 9s in the quarter with the bfg drag radials and all of my friends run them and one has gone a 1.59 60 ft with the 275/40/17 nitto drag radials and time was a 11.00 at 127 in twin turbo corvette, we all run drag radials and one guy has a 95 turbo cobra with 730 hp to the wheels and loves his bfg drag radials

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
tb94 said:
a guy named big daddy has gone 9s in the quarter with the bfg drag radials and all of my friends run them and one has gone a 1.59 60 ft with the 275/40/17 nitto drag radials and time was a 11.00 at 127 in twin turbo corvette, we all run drag radials and one guy has a 95 turbo cobra with 730 hp to the wheels and loves his bfg drag radials
correction, he has gone 8.47 @ 165 on drag radials and just went 8.54 & 8.49 this past weekend at nowalk. 5.0roy

·
Registered
374 Posts
I saw a "street legal" Supra run 8.42 @ 168 this past weekend at NOPI in Saint Louis. I hear Big Daddy is putting up $10,000 for a drag radial shootout this August in Ohio. If conditions are good I would bet there may be some low 8's run.

"shows up in an 18 wheeler"

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
hehe There are 9 second Skylines on true hard-compound street radials, not even drag radials.

·
Registered
374 Posts
buffhomer said:
hehe There are 9 second Skylines on true hard-compound street radials, not even drag radials.
I have never seen a Skyline on the street or on the strip. I have only seen one in person and it was a non-street show car.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
n8s_stang said:
I dunno... how fast can you rollerblade on ice?
you need to go to big daddy's $10,000 race in thompson, ohio aug. 10 & 11 and see how fast they "rollerblade on ice". :rolleyes: another non-believer.:eek:

·
Registered
374 Posts
5.0roy said:
you need to go to big daddy's $10,000 race in thompson, ohio aug. 10 & 11 and see how fast they "rollerblade on ice". :rolleyes: another non-believer.:eek:
Paul Efantis(-2sp) holds the NOPI record for drag radials. He swears he is faster with the BFG drag radials than he was with slicks.

I will be at Big Daddys!

·
Registered
606 Posts
01GTRagtopDude said:
He swears he is faster with the BFG drag radials than he was with slicks.
of course, any purpose built car that has the suspension specifically tuned/dialed in for those drag radials is going to run damn fast on them. a few of the locals here do it and go faster on drag radials than slicks b/c they have tightened up the converters a little, they could loosen up the converter a bit, change up the suspension some and turn around and go faster w/ slicks but choose not to. anyways, all these drag radials you guys are referring to are HUGE (read, may as well be a 'slick') and not the typical 275/40/17 nitto drag radial lots of newbies imagine when hearing the "drag radial" cars talked about. never the less, the cars are quite impressive to watch, mid 8's is insane on ANY tire in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
5.0roy said:
You're competing with an inferior tire. To me, it's pointless.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
01GTRagtopDude said:
Using that logic. Anything less than top fuel dragsters are pointless as they are inferior.
:rolleyes:

Why do no competative race classes use street tires? Because drag racing is not a wheelspin contest.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have seen many 1.3 second 60' times and mid 8 second passes on drag radials in heads up racing. I don't call that a wheel spin contest. There are plenty of competative classes running DOT legal tires.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
n8s_stang said:
You're competing with an inferior tire. To me, it's pointless.
inferior tire, hmmmmm........ ask any driver that runs in drag radial and they'll all tell you the same thing. It's a drivers class, the tire is the LIMITING FACTOR . That means you have to actually be able to drive the car. Just to humor your comment, Top fuel & Funny car both run on slicks right? When they blow the tires off does that make the SLICKS they're running on inferior? C'mon bro, come out of the stone age, it's not all about the tires anymore. With todays technology, you can make a car hook on just about anything(within reason). With that being said, if you don't like em'........you certainly don't have to use them......do ya?!:cool: 5.0roy

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
5.0roy said:
inferior tire, hmmmmm........ ask any driver that runs in drag radial and they'll all tell you the same thing. It's a drivers class, the tire is the LIMITING FACTOR . That means you have to actually be able to drive the car. Just to humor your comment, Top fuel & Funny car both run on slicks right? When they blow the tires off does that make the SLICKS they're running on inferior? C'mon bro, come out of the stone age, it's not all about the tires anymore. With todays technology, you can make a car hook on just about anything(within reason). With that being said, if you don't like em'........you certainly don't have to use them......do ya?!:cool: 5.0roy
The title of the thread mentions STREET RADIALS. That is what I am referring to.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Its time for that one dude who runs 1.6 short times on TRUE street radials to pop in here...

Oh, and my $.02

Its really hard to run 11's with a true street radial...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
codycr6....the MAN on true hard-radials. :D

5.0roy--Git 'em bro!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Every once in a while this subject comes up and people ask me to step in. I don't run quarter mile much, but my eigth mile times are below. Basically runs 11.20's in the quarter, but would be faster if the car didn't fall off after about the 800 ft. mark.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
n8s_stang said:
The title of the thread mentions STREET RADIALS. That is what I am referring to.
in that case, i went 12.19 @ 113 on cooper cobra 275/50-15 radials(1.70 60') with my 93gt. same car went 11.89 @ 114.50 with 275/50-15 bfg drag radials(1.59 60'). oh, that same car went 11.97 @ 114 on 26x10-15 mickey thompson et drags(1.60 60'). the point is, if you really want to, you can make a car hook on just about anything with todays technology. 5.0roy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts