Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far with my new vortech combination ive only been to the track once due to a blown t5, and no roll bar but so for spinning on too small slicks i went [email protected]

So how fast are u guys going with your standard tremecs and tko's?

I dont wanna blow all this money on a new tranny, just for it to blow. Ive never had my car dynoed but i figure it should have around 400-440 at the wheels. And im looking to upgrade the power in the future.

Will a standard tremec take the beating, of 6000rom launches and power shifts every weekend???:evil:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I had atleast 100 7000 rpm launches on mine in the last 2.5 years with numerous 6800 rpm power shifts. Drove it on the street for about 12000 miles too. Recently sold it for 450 and ordered a new one. There was nothing wrong with it (except I could'nt down shift 3rd) I felt it was time to get a new one I did not want to be in the middle of the season scrambling for a clutch and trans I had the $ at that time so I ordered one from D&D for 1415 to the door and picked up the SHD Clutch and Fidanza AL. FW I could'nt be happier!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm not near that fast, [email protected]+ in mine, shifting at a lowly 5700rpm. Still, it went 3 years, 60,000 road miles (daily driven) and numerous 11 second nitrous passes with only a replacement of the synchros (and that was my own fault). Always launched at 6000rpm on slicks, whether it was N/A, spray or boost.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mines been holding up for about 6 years now. Standard 3550. I run mid to high 11s and dump the clutch at 5000rpm. Whats even more telling is that my car weighs 3600+ lbs and Im using 3:55 gears, so I know its been taking a beating. Also Its a daily driven car so it has about 40,000 miles on it by now.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I was running a standard 3550 with a spec stage 3 in my car last year...420 rwhp n/a and 550 rwhp on a 150 shot. I never did really brake it..just tore up the syncro's and gear teeth tips so it wouldn't power shift anymore.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Through a standard 3550 I have gone 10.90's on radials and 10.51 on slicks. That was wheels up to about the tree launching @ 5000rpms. Switching to a RS Straight cut gear T-5 now.

4"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts