Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third time I've done it but I can't remember if you torque down the rockers at the top or bottom of their travel.

I'm on a break until someone has any advice....

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
When they are on the base of the cam- meaning in the closed valve position.

·
Registered
35,608 Posts
If you go to Crane's website and search around you can download very detailed instructions for their pedestal mount roller rockers. The procedure is exactly the same for the stockers. With a pair of valves on the base circle of the cam (closed) you should hit 17-20 ft-lbs. between 1/4 of a turn and 1 turn. If less than a 1/4 turn is needed, you need to remove shims. If there are no shims, you'll need different length pushrods. If more than one turn is needed, you need to shim the rocker - they come in .030" and .060" sizes. Each .030 removes about a 1/4 turn. You shouldn't need different length pushrods unless you've had machine work done on the deck surface, or the heads or pedestal mounts. Sorry - I had to edit - I always get it bassackwards.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Michael Yount said:
If you go to Crane's website and search around you can download very detailed instructions for their pedestal mount roller rockers. The procedure is exactly the same for the stockers. With a pair of valves on the base circle of the cam (closed) you should hit 17-20 ft-lbs. between 1/4 of a turn and 1 turn. If less than a 1/4 turn is needed, you need to remove shims. If there are no shims, you'll need different length pushrods. If more than one turn is needed, you need to shim the rocker - they come in .030" and .060" sizes. Each .030 removes about a 1/4 turn. You shouldn't need different length pushrods unless you've had machine work done on the deck surface, or the heads or pedestal mounts. Sorry - I had to edit - I always get it bassackwards.
I found that when I did a search before I posted this but I wasn't sure if it was the same for stock rockers. . . thanks for the reassurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts