Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stuff to add on to my interior, but how do I take the door panels off safely and correctly? Also, I have a new a/c vent for the passenger side and the one that goes below the clock pod, but I can't figure out how to put them in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is how to remove the door panels:

1. if mach 460 system, remove tweeter cover. this just pops off. usually start with the corner closest to the front of the car.

2. remove switch panel. to do this pop out the top of the panel using a large flat blade screw driver. look at the top of the panel and you should be able to see where the screwdriver goes. once the top is free, pull straight up. there are poptabs underneath, so be sure to pul straight up. You may have to pull really hard.
unscrew the switches from the panel.

3. remove 2 phillips head screws from the area where the switch panel was.

4. remove a plastic poptab from the doorjamb area near the speaker.

5. the doorpanels lift up. do NOT pull on them or you will break the clips.

I dont know about the vents. are you trying to replace the center part or the whole asembly. I know the outer 2 assemblies are held on by 2 7mm screws. open the glove box sand look up.

hope this helps

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a_train, as for the the vents, I'm replacing the top two that are in dead center of the dash, right below the clock pod. It looks like two seperate a/c vents, but it is actually two put together. Cant figure out how to get it off.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The center vents are integral to the radio/heater surround panel. You need to pull both the radio and c/d player and pop out the shifter trim panel. There are two bolts that hold the radio/heater trim piece on. These are underneath and go up into the panel. I don't recall exactly where they are, but its either above where the radio was, or above where the c/d was. There is also a screw at the very back of the support piece that runs from the trim piece back to a dash support. Once you have those three screws out, pull out and down to pull the whole piece off. I have no idea how you pop out the vents themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.