Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and also how do i know what to set it at. any advice will help me out, a friend is doing this for me because my car is at his shop, and i am in another city. so this is what he will be reading to get an idea of what to do.

i am using a 2031 cam

·
Registered
452 Posts
The 94+ TPS does not need to be adjusted like the earlier cars. The computer reads the voltage at startup and uses this as a baseline.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Call Ford motorsports hotline, ask to speak to Jeff, I think there are some issues with some cams but i'm not positive about it. Idle surge and such that can be fixed with adjustments .
peace

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
brock95gt said:
The 94+ TPS does not need to be adjusted like the earlier cars. The computer reads the voltage at startup and uses this as a baseline.
brock95gt: May a million bed bugs nest in your Aero Bed! ;)
You take ALL the FUN out my reply! :p

Still...
Oooo, Ooooo, Oooo, let me, let me answer....

You get a dead rubber chicken, swing around your head and say
DOGGIES RULE!!! DOGGIES RULE!!!!
Then, by the magi-mystical smoke and mirrors, your TPS will be set! :D :D

For 86-93, set the TPS above .98v and WATCH YOUR ENGINE GO LEAN!!!! DUH!!!!
In general, as long as it's between 0.8v and 0.95v at idle, then LEAVE THE THING ALONE!!!

If anyone tells you to adjust your TPS, then just send them to me. I can "rip them a new one the size of Texas". :)

You may need an idle adjustment plate if you're having idle problems. Also, CLEAN the IAB and make suer that the EGR is *sealing*.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey StangPlus do you have any wiring info for the EEC 5 systems out of a 99GT 4.6 engine? Want to put this engine in a rod and would like to use the factory harness but it is way more complicated than the 5.0. What do you think about using the factory harness? Thanks man, hope you can help me.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
2rods said:
Hey StangPlus do you have any wiring info for the EEC 5 systems out of a 99GT 4.6 engine? Want to put this engine in a rod and would like to use the factory harness but it is way more complicated than the 5.0. What do you think about using the factory harness? Thanks man, hope you can help me.
No. :(

TMoss is the person that actually did the EEC-IV diagrams. You can get a 93+ Ford Service Manuals CD on ebay. That sounds like that would be your best bet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts