Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about seting the fuel pressure, do I set it with the vacum line off? And when I plug the vacum line back in is it normal for the pressure to drop on the guage? And what would be the best pressure for the following set up: GT 40 Irons, E303, Cobra intake, 24 # inject. , 65mm T-body, 75mm Pro m bullit? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
364 Posts
Set the pressure with the line off. This will set the pressure you need above atmospheric pressure. When you reattach the line with a vacuum it will pull down the pressure to maintain that same pressure differential above internal intake pressure. When you open the throttle and the internal intake pressure increases the regualtor will raise fuel pressure at the same rate so that the set pressure differential is always maintained. That's how the computer always has a accurate flow calibration, the flow rate is always maintained despite changing pressure at the injector discharge nozzle.

Fuel injectors are rated at 43.5 psi. But the factory regulator only maintains 38.5. If you've replaced the injectors and the mass air is calibrated for those injector's flow rating then set pressure at 43.5 PSI (line off).

Don't set it too low because lean makes SLIGHTLY more power but will toast a motor if held too long. Set for safety.

Vernon

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks, I,ll get that bumped up in the morning, i have it set at 37 right now. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts