Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I serched, didnt find anything conclusive. Tell me what to do Track Gods!

·
Registered
204 Posts
My .02....lower the pressure to 12-15 lbs(depending on side wall height). Do a nice burnout. I do a hard one in 2nd for about 5 seconds or so. Don't dry hop or anything like that just stage and go. You will have to play with your car to see where to launch it. Keep going higher and higher slowly until it busts them loose. A hundred RPM less or so than that should be about right. Again...this is my 2 cents and how I launch on my Nitto 555R's. Good luck!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do I just side step the clutch, or let it out smoothly?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sidesteping didnt work at all, just got back from the track, kinda dissapointed. I couldnt get my 60 foot below a 2.0 at all. tried dumping it, sliping it, going out from idle, rolling into the throttle, couldnt seem to get it right. I'd come out smooth, but as soon as I hit 2nd, the tires ripped loose. Ended up with a best of [email protected] with a 2.250 60'... Horrible.. I'm pleased with the MPH, but the ET could loose about 8 tenths.... Time to get my own set of slicks

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR 60FTS....you got the mph higher because you were spinning....if you woulda hooked you would of gotten lower mph.....i dont know what your doing wrong bdecause i was getting 1.9 60fts on my street tires when i 1st got my car and didnt know how to drive it......NOT THAT I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IT NOW EITHER..LOL....

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slipery track combined with me not being used to the tires, Ive only ran on slicks before, and dumping the clutch from 4 grand was a lot easier than feeling my way off the line. I think i need more track time with them to get that 60foot down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts