Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost done my 5-lug swap and have heard that I need to get adapters to fit them on. Can I just use the stock fox lines and connect them to the SN-95 calipers using their banjo bolts (SN-95)?

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Cyulost said:
I am almost done my 5-lug swap and have heard that I need to get adapters to fit them on. Can I just use the stock fox lines and connect them to the SN-95 calipers using their banjo bolts (SN-95)?

Thanks,
Brandon
What Sn95 calipers? There are 4 different caliper designs that have been used on the Sn95 cars.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You can use the stock SN lines with an adapter on the pass side, or do as I did and use fox spec SS lines with the banjo bolts from whatever caliper you are using.

This is the easiest and least leak potential method.

the Russell SS lines worked on both the oo-up GT PBRs and the Cobra PBRs

Adam

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: How do I hook my fox brake lines up to SN-95 calipers?

Matt90GT said:
What Sn95 calipers? There are 4 different caliper designs that have been used on the Sn95 cars.
Matt,
I just know that they are from a 95 mustang.

Brandon

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Sounds like the stock 66mm cast units.

Either grind the caliper to get the stock 87-93s to fit or use an adapter on the passenger side Sn95 softline so you use those lines on your stock hardlines.

SS units, if you go that route, get ones with a round banjo bolt caliper end.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Matt90GT said:
SS units, if you go that route, get ones with a round banjo bolt caliper end.
For the money, SS brake lines are a good investment for around $75 for the set.

I would highly recommend doing them while you have everything apart anyway.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm with Adam....Another vote for the SS lines. I used a set of Russel lines for 87-93 cars. Mine have square ends on them and I didnt have to grind anything. I used the PBR calipers as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are these the stainless lines that I would use?

RUS-693010 - Russell Brake Lines

This shows the kit as having 3 Lines. Why 3 lines?

Brandon

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Buy SS brake lines for the Fox chassis. The SS hose ends will work with the SN95 calipers, and they will bolt right into your current fox hard lines.

There are three lines in the kit because there are one each for each front wheel, then one to replace the rubber line from the body to the rearend.

I have Maximum Motorsports ones, but Russels will work well too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does anyone know if the rear line is the same as the 4cyl cars? I didnt change over the brake lines, and I was just wondering.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Stang951 said:
Does anyone know if the rear line is the same as the 4cyl cars? I didnt change over the brake lines, and I was just wondering.
No it is not. The fronts are not even the same for a 4cyl car since they use the metric calipers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts