Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm tryin to get my speakers out of my Vert, and all the instructions are for hardtops! I got the tweets fine, but the actual speakers are killin me! Any help? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Dude very simple.

Front-
just remove that clip on the buttom front of the panels. then pop off the plastic armrest,and unbolt the switch harness from it. Next unbolt the 3 or 4 phillips screws on the door panel
(located right under wher u took off the armest)
Then take off mach 460 tweeter pod, and lastly pop off that piece that goes in between ur door handle and door panel, it pops right off with a flate blade screw driver. then pull upwards on the panel, wiggle it, it will come out. The speaker wil sit right ther, unbolt the bolts holding it in, and pull it out, unplug its plug, and bingo u have front speakers out.

Rear - to make it easy, take out back seat. to take out buttom seat, simply pull up and towards the front of car, wiggle it , itll come loose. once u get that off, then u will see two screws or bolts holding the seat back on, ther are to the outside of the seat near the buttom of wher it mounts. unbolt that, take off seat back. once u have rear seat out. look on the side of the car( in door jam, wher ur calibration code sticker is , u will see two little black button type rivit/screw looking things, get a flate blade screwdrvier and pop both of those off. and pull the rubber away. next find the screw or bolt holding the panel on, it should be near the buttom of panel. unbolt those and pull panel off. once its off, speaker will be right there, take a hex socket. allen key type screw driver and undo the 4or 5 bolts holding that speaker in. unplug the wires and bingo , uve got the rears. Repeat steps to assemble. keep track of wher things go and how they go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
About the rear seats:

There are two buttons (clips) you have to push in with a screw driver to release the seats. You cannot just wiggle them or you will probably damage something. It's actually quite easy to remove them. Just pull upon the cushion and you can probably see the buttons.

-Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts