Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to swap the door panels from my 94 to the 95 since they are in better shape, but the only part I could get off was the little cup that lines the interior door release handle. I have read that the armrest portion with the grab handle should pop off but I couldn't get them to budge. I didn't want to pry on them and take a chance of fuggin' em up for good. What is the secret handshake to get them off?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Its pretty easy actually, you will slap your forehead when you get it out. There are screws above the arm rest that come out, after that all you do it pull the cup surrounding the door lever, you will have to pull the lever out so the cup can slide out, after that, remove the speaker grill cover (if you have mach 460) and unscrew it. Then lift the speaker out and let it hang by the wires carefully. Then grab the WHOLE door panel and lift up. It will come out. Be sure to tape the water screen back if you peel if away.

BTW Haynes manual has all the steps, you got one?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think it is a haynes...Damned if I could see any scews on that panel though. I will have to check the manual and see if it is any help...thanks.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey, well im not sure wher ur at, ok first u willnt want to pull that black rivit looking thing in front of the door panel, grab it with some neddle nose plyers or big flate blade screwdriver. its not too important if u break it anyhow. after u get that plastic screw out, look on the top of the armrest thers a slot in the top/ middle of it, to stick a flate blade screw driver . find that slot and wedge the screwdriver in it, twist the screw driver and it will pop out, then wedge the screwdriver on the buttom base of the armrest to get the back portion off. sounds like alot, but its very simple. once thats off, u will clearly see 3 (i think its 3) phillips screws holding the panel on, unscrew those, then take off that plastic piece that surrounds ur door handle, that cup thing. once all thats off, the panel will slide off, pull upwards on it, its fastened on in slots, so just wiggle upwards. Once its loose, unplug the plug (mine had one), i think its for remote door locks. or power windows, not too sure. also u dont need to take any speaker panels or covers off, leave those alone. I believe thats all, i might be forgetting somthing, but im sure u have an idea of what to do now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.