Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have access to some really good air-dremel tolls and what not. What kind of bits or sandpaper do I need??? Polishing compound???

·
Registered
172 Posts
It deffinately takes time. I've polished a few parts myself. Getting it to a dull shine isn't to hard, it's getting it to the pittless mirror that is time consuming. The key is not to get in a hurry. I always only worked a few hours at a time. You'll be amazed how much difference it makes. You'll need some cartrdrige and tappered sanding rolls to get into the tight places. On the large areas I used greasless compounds for quick cutting and then moved to hand sanding for the final grits. Then youll need emery, tripolli and white rouge to get to the mirror shine. Good luck...

If you looking for all the supplies I've got everything a person would need for sale in the classified section. Just do a search on MYTKWIK :).

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

I've probably got around, say... 100-120 hours in doing both upper and lower (each intake.)

The above poster said it best, it isn't too hard to get it to shine alittle, but if your after a chrome-like luster, then be prepared to put some time into it.

(THe cobra intake in the background also has both upper and lower done.)

(Its for sale, BTW. :D )

Keith

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The cobra upper is kinda challenging to polish. It takes a lot of time.

You would be amazed at how many crappy polish jobs I've seen at car shows on intakes. Some would have looked 10 times better if they left it stock.

If you have a lot of time this will definately keep you busy. I use the Eastwood clear coat and it is some good stuff. It keeps it shiny all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts