Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my set up is, S trim 9.5 psi, 306 8: 1/4:1 comp, twisted wedge stage 1 port,crower cam(similar to F cam)4 deg retarded,30lb injectors,80 mm mass air,190 pump with a T rex,stock lines and rails,no fmu,msd 6al,swanson tuned autologic chip.dynoed at 372 rwhp 370tq at 5600 rpm...when it was tuned i was running out of injector and kind of starting to go lean so it was left as is safely,the shop recommended i get larger fuel injectors and increase the boost and come back,anyone have any ideas...thank you ....metalbob

·
Registered
275 Posts
Listen to the shop. Get some 42lb injectors, re-calibrate the MAF, and get a 255lph fuel pump, and you'll be ready for more boost.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tm88gt,
anyone else?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
You should be pushing more HP than you have now by far. What was your A/F ratio???? What was your timing at?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
TM88GT said:
Listen to the shop. Get some 42lb injectors, re-calibrate the MAF, and get a 255lph fuel pump, and you'll be ready for more boost.
Exactly, for starters. I wouldn't do much beating on it until then. What made you decide to go so low on the compression, just out of curiosity? Did you buy the engine that way or request it that way? Plans for big boost?

With enough fuel you'll be able to run enough timing to at least see where you stand. I would think you would be well over 450 rwhp with your combo, unless the lower compression causes you to lose a few at your current boost number.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies,Swinerton:i will check my records and see what it was.Jcm3 this compression was recomended bt the engine builder...total performance .i do feel that the hp is kinda low for the combo,iwas thinking of changing the pistons and getting a higher comp ratio,it doesn't seem like everyone running higher horsepower numbers have low comp...this is the first time i have had a motor done but i have learned what not to do the next time...thank you all once again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts