Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always drive my 00GT since it has a better ride and a lot more power. My Lx has torque but once you hit 5000 rpm's it just dies.
I was thinking of replacing the intake, valve springs and adding an e-cam ( don't want a rough idle). Would this make a substantial difference, basically will I notice it? Also, which intake is better, Edelbrock performer or Trickflow street for my application? Right now I'm kinda :confused: as to what I should do to add some power.
BTW: I am gonna keep the stock heads, new ones are too expensive! Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ok...

I would say keep the stock cam if you want a smooth idle, and add 1.7 rockers and a Cobra intake to extend your usable hp a few hundred rpms.

Randy

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to familiar with the 302 engines, but isn't their 2 types of rockers. Also, do the heads have to be machined in any way?
Let's forget about the idle for a couple of seconds, what exactly is required with the e-303 cam?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you are set on keeping the stock heads, do not waste your money on an intake. You have done just about everything you can do without taking the heads off. A cam and an intake alone will not give you much noticeable power and it will cost about 600 dollars. If you took some weight out of the car (200lbs. or so) it would probably make more of a difference than an intake and cam and it wouldn't cost anything. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts