Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would they just be complete overkill on a street motor? Something like a 10:1 347?? I had set my mind on AFR185s due to successes by other people with similiar combos, but would a set of stock High Ports perform about the same? It would be nice to have a set of heads that I would never outgrow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think that the R's would be a better choice, you more than likely would never out grow them, but the high ports are a good head that compare to the 185s out of the box, but the problem with the high ports and the R's are header choice, the 205s are a great head that you can use an off the self header, the 205s are a 550 hp. head out of the box.any one of these heads will make good power, i would get a set of 205s because the porting is already done for you. just my I Q

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
205s or Rs would be overkill for my car. I'm looking for around 375-400 rwhp, 410+ rwtq. I don't want to use a cam any bigger than like a Comp Xtreme 282 (.565/.574, 232/240). It's going in my daily.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have these heads. They will be on a blower 302 car with cam, fuel system, intake, etc.......

Luckily, i found someone locally that had a set of TFS-R/Highport specific Hooker LT's for reasonably cheap. I think it'll be awhile before I'll be able to outgrow these heads. Save the TFS-R's for the big stroker guys with Nitrous.

I'll post the results in the summer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Header choice is a factor, but not a huge one, personally. Like I said, I'll be using either head for many years to come, so I don't mind searching or paying a little extra initially.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Pesonally I like the High ports. I have seen them on everything from 306 daily driver to Brad Brands 206 MPH Outlaw car. They are also my choice of head for my 410ci motor, with a big solid roller.

4"

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a set of the old iron high ports on my 347. Headers are a small problem. Though a set of BBK long tubes ended up fitting rather nicely even with the stock k member and stock motor mounts. I had to have an h-pipe made, but no biggie. Only other problem I had with the BBK's is the stock style vlave cover gasket didn't fit, ended up having to grind on the tops of the headers to make them fit properly, or just use a rubber style gasket.

Anderson is now selling 1 3/4 shorties specifically for the Highports. So finding headers shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are there any long tubes available at a reasonable price?? I really don't think I need some 2" Kooks headers on my daily. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts