Ford Mustang Forums banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Waiting on a new mass air meter, my guess is this will fix it. We shall see. Early next week.
I'm not sure what an air meter will change with bank to bank differences but I wish you luck.

I had the same sort of differences so I did a compression and leak down. Turns out, my motor was porked. Hopefully that isn't the case for you.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I'm not sure what an air meter will change with bank to bank differences but I wish you luck.

I had the same sort of differences so I did a compression and leak down. Turns out, my motor was porked. Hopefully that isn't the case for you.
The bank to bank difference is tiny (few %) and is not the primary problem. Primary problem is that both banks are overall very rich. Motor is brand new and built by Shafiroff in NY, dyno tested before it shipped.

First fire on new MAF and no differences on fueling. Throttle response is a little worse with the tube MAF, but much smoother driving overall. I'll keep both and do a back to back dyno test of the TB MAF vs tube MAF sometime later. For science.

Question for some of the experts - does anyone know how the low slope / high slope / breakpoint data is used by the computer? Is it suspicious that the 42 and 36# injectors have the same breakpoint, or is that fine and normal?

Summarized from Pro-M website:

Injector (#)LoHibreakpointNotes
30​
35.25​
31.622​
0.000014​
36​
45​
36​
0.00003​
Lo and Hi switched on website?
42​
48.3​
42​
0.00003​
Breakpoint same as 36 - is that expected?
64​
134.5​
65.865​
0.000012​
75​
105.5​
77.2​
0.000015​

· Registered
671 Posts
And as I pointed out before all the voltage offsets are the same too. I discussed it with Chris. He confirmed the posted data is correct. He said it’s because the injectors are the same except for the orifice size. The electronics are identical. That’s not the case with the other injectors he sells.

· Registered
671 Posts
Breakpoint is the point where the ecu switches from using low slope to determine injector duty cycle to using high slope. Below the breakpoint the flow is rather erratic. The low slope is the best approximation of the slope of a line through these flow points. Above the breakpoint the flow is linear and the high slope is the slope of the line through those flow points.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts