Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? If so how was it? Would you do it again? Trying to see if I want to do this or Mustang Week. Mustang Week is a ways away from me. Power Tour is close by.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Any things I should know? Things I shouldn't do? Thanks
Sorry, I just saw this. My wife and I did the Long Haul in 2012, Detroit to Dallas. It was an absolutely blast. The only reason we haven't done it again is we've been waiting for a good route to follow. The one we did was awesome because we'd never been that far up north and Detroit was just amazing.

I booked our rooms separately from the group rates they posted and I typically got better rates than their listed ones.

If you're planning the long haul or even to drive the published route at all, I suggest leaving early in the morning to get a bit of a headstart. You'll still be cruising with a good amount of cool cars but you'll mostly avoid the traffic jams in the smaller towns. Also, it will get you to the venue earlier so you can get decent parking and get around to collect your free stuff from the vendors. Several of them give out special magnets at each stop that when put all together make a neat refrigerator collectible.

Enjoy! It's an absolute blast!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not gonna make it this year. Car won't be ready. Hoping for another year. Maybe do Mustang Week this year, but don't know at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts