Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL FIRST OFF I would like to thank brad, john, and the other guys that were helping them do the install. They did a great job and it took FOREVER. They did the intall for only $150 "claim to never want to touch another 4.6 again" but hey they did it! They are really nice guys......
Anyways the things sound awsome!!!! The car has a nice tone to it at idle.......its not any louder up to 3k rpms which is normal driving range...... but O MY GOD!!!!!!!!! OVER 3K RPMS is absolutely LOUD AS H#LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it literally screams. Of course the bullets and dumps help that out :)
I would suggest these to EVERYONE
There is no clearance trouble the things actually look higher up than my prochamber did!!!!! and my car is lowered pretty damn low.
The headers look great and i only paid $400 for them with the x pipe and they are ceramic coated ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ll be getting a dyno tune wednesday hopefully!
ill let you know the #s i am hoping for 500rwhp!

·
Registered
98 Posts
that's awesome, I have my Hooker's and X-pipe in my house right now and am going to start the install this week. I was concerned with the ground clearance as my car sits super low as well. I'm going to tackle this install with a friend of mine so I'm guessing that it will take a while. One question for you though. How in the hell did you get them for $400?? I paid like 600 for mine ( what a sucker I am ) Still, I am so happy I bought them, when I pulled them out of the box I was happy then, and I'm sure it will be even better when they're on. Did you feel a noticeable gain, I would think your top end would be fabulous with these headers.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
SWEEET :evil: . I cant wait to get mine.

Im wondering the same thing. 400 bucks???? damn thats a good deal. Care to tell us your secrets?

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought them used!!! but they were in perfect condition they had NO RUST that couldnt be rubbed off with some neverdull. I think where the AC constantly dripps on them they will rust alittle even if they are ceramic coated like mine. Tell me this do your headers look chrome? i know a few people have pics theirs look polished up i am thinking they are the jet hot coated ones though???
Anyways i just found a great deal from this guy that had sold his car and needed to get rid of them FAST!
ground clearance for me on my car is NO PROBLEM AT ALL you cant even see the things when you look under the car from the side. My car is lowered about 1.5" its pretty low........
The install took about 15 hrs i think :) but this was their first time doing them on a 4.6!
Goodluck with yours! I havent been able to test out my gains b/c they told me my 02's were WHITE AS HELL and i am running really lean....... so i gotta have the thing tuned........hopefully wednesday.....
let me now how it goes though

·
Registered
693 Posts
......Glad you like them! Guess this means you don't need a stupid H anymore huh!??!:lol: :lol: And whats up with 15 hours? I think kirk and I did the heads in that time frame.:evil:

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it was there first set of 4.6 longtubes to do......i think they knew it was gonna be hard.........but uhh......not this hard :)
Anyway it sounds great! your gonna love it when you get here!! it actually has a good clean smooth sound to it......not just a bunch of noise........
Also they said my o2's were solid white......i am running lean.....if i get a adj. fuel pressure regulator can you put it on when ya come? might delay the jms dyno tune YET AGAIN ......who knows

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
15 hrs was because we had no clue what we were getting into!

actually the K-member and everything was dropped in abotu 2hr
then unbolting the small headers took an hour or so.. really no problem there... but then come installing those bad boys.. if we could have lowered the motor it would have went a lot quicker but we decided we didnt want to mess with the aftercooler and vortech unit! (thats what kept the motor from commign down)

so installing the longtubes were a major PITA especially some of the bolts up top or behind a primary! modifying the studs really ate up some time too.

installing the K-member and ex didnt take that long but it added up to a day and a half of work for us..

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey brad nice to see ya on the "4.6" side of the corral lol......bring john on over here with ya ok? LOL
Tell him i said thanks again for doing the install!! i hate that i ruined it for everyone else in MS that might want some LTs installed but someone had to do it :)
I am still gonna get that FP regulator you were telling me about!! i dont wanna blow **** up!

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
well john has sworn em off for good i'm afraid! lol but i would do it again.. but it would be between 400-500 bucks. just takes a lot of time... and my finger still hurts from where i busted the kunckle open! haha:lol:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Man I should have my shop put some on when they put my new motor in. I bet they would let me put them on too, with no extra charge. Is it a lot harder to put the motor back in with Longtube headers attached??? If not I bet I could just put the headers on while my engine is on the engine stand and then they could just throw the engine in.

Oh, and can you modify a regular length X-pipe to line up to LT headers, or no???

ROb

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
Is it a lot harder to put the motor back in with Longtube headers attached??? If not I bet I could just put the headers on while my engine is on the engine stand and then they could just throw the engine in.

pipe dream huh?:lol:

·
Registered
693 Posts
just joking with ya Brad! It took me about six hours to do mine the first time, buyt dropping the k only takes about 30 minutes....you let the vortech hld the engine up?? BRAVE SOUL. hey um, I've gotta lil A frame type deal the rests on the car that hold the engine up next time you do this! It also allows for raising andd lowering the engine....don't let Anthoney talk you into stuff!
Anthoney: Glad you like it, can't wait to hear it....maybe I'l have an X and goods on the cobra before I go?!?
Boosted, you can actually install the engine with the Pass LT on, but I've found no wway to stab the engine with both headers because the driver side has to have the steeering shaft go through the headers.

Everyone: With alittle time and practice(I've got a lot) it only take about fifteen minutes to bolt the headers up! :cool:

·
Registered
693 Posts
just joking with ya Brad! It took me about six hours to do mine the first time, buyt dropping the k only takes about 30 minutes....you let the vortech hld the engine up?? BRAVE SOUL. hey um, I've gotta lil A frame type deal the rests on the car that hold the engine up next time you do this! It also allows for raising andd lowering the engine....don't let Anthoney talk you into stuff!
Anthoney: Glad you like it, can't wait to hear it....maybe I'l have an X and goods on the cobra before I go?!?
Boosted, you can actually install the engine with the Pass LT on, but I've found no wway to stab the engine with both headers because the driver side has to have the steeering shaft go through the headers.

Everyone: With alittle time and practice(I've got a lot) it only take about fifteen minutes to bolt the headers(per side) up! :cool:

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
Charles said:
you let the vortech hld the engine up?? BRAVE SOUL. hey um, I've gotta lil A frame type deal the rests on the car that hold the engine up next time you do this!
naugh.. we had the engine jacked up by a jack and a 4x4 we just couldnt lower it because of the blower and aftercooler. we tried.. it started to bind there... so we went back up with it.. :(

in hind site we should have took it off... probably would have saved us hours!

we also included time cooking deer meat in his job haha:joy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts