Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get this to work. So hopefully it does. Its a clip of my stang with the new Hooker headers w/ -x-pipe and stock muffs. What do you think? That is if you can get to the link.

http://sanderson.corral.net/mustang/mustang.asf

·
Registered
998 Posts
Sounds good! I wonder what they'll sound like with my Flowmasters . . .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds Great! Where did you purchase the headers from? Also, do they have provisions for everything? Is the O2 sensor moved to the collector, or is it in one of the primary tubes? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will clear the tranny no problems. I bought them from parts.com. It was 446.00 for the headers and 200.00 for x-pipe. The car does feel alot meaner.

·
Registered
410 Posts
thanks, they have been added to the list, now i just have to wait for them to release the 4v version. along with the accufab 01 TB.

thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
How much louder than stock is it? I'm going to be adding lt's and an x-pipe in a few weeks and was wondering what to expect. How much louder is it at idle and crusing around?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the stock muffs its a little louder than stock but when you hit the throttle its pretty loud and mean sounding. When I had Svo shorties and a Bbk off road pipe it was actually a little louder at idle but it didn't sound nearly as good as the Longtubes w/ x-pipe. It could have something to do with all the bowl work I did and adding the Mod Max valves but you never know. The thing just sounds mean when you hit the pedal.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I know what I forgot to ask,
how did your power curve change, did you have any lost down low and gain up top or what.
after going from x-catted to x-uncatted, i lost bottom end, and gained topend, but actually what happened was the powercurve shortened, it starts around 3300-3500 vs 3000-3300 and goes to around 6000RPM, I am kinda disappointed in the uncatted version of xpipe, i liked the x-catted, but am not going back because of clearance issues and replacement costs if I bust a cat on a stupid bump. I like more torque down low, just like everyone else.

Any info on the release of a catted xpipe for the headers or do we just have to get some custom ones made.

Where are the back and front 02 sensors located, on the headers or the xpipe?

thanks again for the info, i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
last I talked to hooker tech we would still have to have a custom cat x or h.......he recommended using their pipe and adding cats, but I am concerned about O2 sensor placement.

pretty sure this is the route I am going, but I am going to have to talk with tech a little more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts