Ford Mustang Forums banner
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
where can i get a x-pipe or h-pipe for the blackheart long tube headers for the coyote/foxbody swap ? i dont need anything after the X or H pipe
The only Hooker Blackheart X-pipe available is the one that is part of the full exhaust systems. If that’s not the road you want to take, you can fabricate one from one of the many Universal X-pipe kits available on the market.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Hooker Blackheart doesn’t offer any universal X-pipe kits, but if you go to Summit racing’s website and enter “X-pipe kit” into the search box you’ll see the range of choices you’ll have to choose from.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
what is the part number for the exhaust you offer for the coyote swap
There are 12 different Hooker Blackheart exhaust system part numbers offered for use in a Coyote swapped 1979-2004 Mustang (6 for 1979-1993 cars and 6 for 1994-2004 cars). Within those part numbers are choices to be made by the user for system type (full-length or muffler/turn-down tips), diameter (2.5" or 3") and material (409SS or 304SS). If you know specifically what you would be interested in from those choices, I would gladly provide you with a part number.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
I'm checking in here this morning to let those following know that Holley has just released some final key components of the Hooker Blackheart Mustang Coyote swap systems. Specifically, that would be the Holley 302-50 Coyote swap oil pan, engine mount adapter brackets for the stock 1985-95 K-members and a transmission crossmember that can be used to mount a TKO 500/600 or Powerglide transmission in the 1999-2004 New Edge cars behind a Coyote engine. II have added a few images of the engine mount adapter brackets also for installation context, since it is hard to see how they would work from from website product images. These brackets require the use of the Prothane poly Mod Motor mounts, which can be seen in the install photos attached to the Hooker Blackheart adapter brackets. Let me know if anyone has any questions on any of these components.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
Hello Maverick_26. Here's two images for you that depict the ground clearance of the Hooker Blackheart headers for the SN95/New Edge application. I can't tell you what sort of clearance issues you might have with the Gen-3 CMCV set-up as I've not done an install to date of that version of the Coyote engine. The Gen 2 CMCV set-up doesn't have any issues, but they might be very different in their fitment geometry.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you for the pictures! Thats not bad at all! So if im doing a gen 3 is it possible to keep the stock k member? Is there an exhaust made yet for the irs cars? I also have an irs conversion. It drives really good right now and I dont wsnt to change that with a k member that might alter the wheelbase, unless you recommend one that is good for street use that can retain factory style springs?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
At this point in time, there is no validated way to install a Gen-3 engine on the stock K-member and the required oil pan is the specific reason for that. The new Holley 302-50 Coyote oil pan allows a user to install a Gen 1, or Gen 2 Coyote into a Fox Body on the stock K-member, but it isn't currently compatible with the Gen 3 engine (different pick-up tube design) and I'm not hopeful that a fix for that will be possible due to design space constraints within the front half of the 302-50 oil pan and the engine. There are aftermarket Gen 3 pick-up tubes available that are designed to allow the use of aftermarket Gen 1/Gen 2 Coyote swap pans on the Gen 3 engine, but all those pans are much deeper than the Holley pan at their front ends.

·
Registered
144 Posts
At this point in time, there is no validated way to install a Gen-3 engine on the stock K-member and the required oil pan is the specific reason for that. The new Holley 302-50 Coyote oil pan allows a user to install a Gen 1, or Gen 2 Coyote into a Fox Body on the stock K-member, but it isn't currently compatible with the Gen 3 engine (different pick-up tube design) and I'm not hopeful that a fix for that will be possible due to design space constraints within the front half of the 302-50 oil pan and the engine. There are aftermarket Gen 3 pick-up tubes available that are designed to allow the use of aftermarket Gen 1/Gen 2 Coyote swap pans on the Gen 3 engine, but all those pans are much deeper than the Holley pan at their front ends.
Looks like maximum updated their k member for the 15+ cmcv engines, i may have to use that one, will it clear the blackheart headers with the update?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 · (Edited)
Looks like maximum updated their k member for the 15+ cmcv engines, i may have to use that one, will it clear the blackheart headers with the update?

I have to apologize to you, I've been replying to your question thinking you were working on a Fox Body swap. I know realized you are asking about your 2002 New Edge Mustang. That changes everything I told you previously and to your benefit. Let me gather some info for you...

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
All MM k-members for 1979-2004 Mustangs now have the center brace built as two diagonal tubes instead of one long u-shaped tube. This gives more clearance to the front sump of the oilpan. See image linked below.

All of the fitment testing that Todd did was with the older k-members which had the u-shaped center brace.

In Fox Mustang applications where the CMCV valves will hit the firewall, we now have polyurethane and solid engine mounts which allow the engine to be moved forwards 0.7" to fix this problem. It is unknown how this change will work with the Hooker Blackheart headers. According to Todd's information in this thread, there is no CMCV interference issue with the firewall in SN95 applications.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
All MM k-members for 1979-2004 Mustangs now have the center brace built as two diagonal tubes instead of one long u-shaped tube. This gives more clearance to the front sump of the oilpan. See image linked below.

All of the fitment testing that Todd did was with the older k-members which had the u-shaped center brace.

In Fox Mustang applications where the CMCV valves will hit the firewall, we now have polyurethane and solid engine mounts which allow the engine to be moved forwards 0.7" to fix this problem. It is unknown how this change will work with the Hooker Blackheart headers. According to Todd's information in this thread, there is no CMCV interference issue with the firewall in SN95 applications.
Thanks for chiming in and clarifying that Jack. I may need to get in touch with you guys to obtain one of you new design K-members and put it through the compatibility evaluation process again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Sorry i forgot to say my setup, 2002, gen 3, was going to use the MMKM-2 for my year.

Sorry, my mistake. The Hooker Blackheart BH3364 headers for the 96-04 cars will work with your stock K-member and the Gen 2 CMCV set-up will clear the firewall. The attached picture here depicts that exact configuration in our 2001 shop development car. The Hooker Blackheart 302-50 Coyote swap oil pan can also been seen, but you wouldn't be able to use it on your Gen 3 engine. I believe however that the 20571 Moroso pan will fit your engine as long as you buy the additional pick-up tube it requires. The Hooker Blackheart headers are compatible with that oil pan also.

141 - 160 of 184 Posts