Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Are you mounting your engine with the motor mount studs in the forward slots on the Maximum Motorsports K-member and are you using the Prothane mod motor mounts? The crossmember and exhaust systems (the X-pipe assembly is not available by itself as a stand-alone part number) are available now and are the same components used to do an LS swap into SN95/New Edge cars...they just haven't been pulled over and listed in the SN95 Coyote swap section of the website yet.

That is the job of the product manager and he's working on that now and should be done with it sometime around the end of the month. If you are wanting to research the crossmember and exhaust system on the Holley website, their part numbers are 71222013HKR and 705013134RHKR respectively.

Since I now know you are using the Maximum Motorsports MMKM-2 K-member, I can post a few more images that would be more helpful for your specific set-up...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,139 Posts
Mr. McGee,

The only way to deal with the CMCV actuators is to move the engine forward 0.75" or change to a different intake manifold which doesn't have them. One of the actuators sits exactly at the floor of the cowl. To clearance the firewall, you would need to remove the dash and cut into the interior of the car.

We are coming out with polyurethane and solid modular Ford based engine mounts which will move the engine forward 0.75". You also need to have the most current version of the MM k-member which has the center section of the forward brace cut out for oilpan clearance. The photo of the MM k-member in Todd's last post is an older version with the center 1" tube in place still.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That's good and useful information Jack and I will use it to update the product listings of the Hooker Blackheart components where it will be beneficial for the user to know this info up-front before purchasing parts. My best guess is that the 3/4" forward engine re-position of your new motor mounts will cause the headers and transmission crossmembers within the Hooker Blackheart Mustang Coyote swap systems to be non-compatible with their use, but I won't know for sure until I can obtain a set a perform a mock-up in my test fixture. I'll keep an eye out for them and shoot Chuck an email to get a set when I see them available on your website.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I will be checking further into the CMCV-to-firewall clearance on the SN95/New Edge application as I remembered this morning that we have a 1998 GT running around in the Holley EFI test car pool that we installed a 2017 Gen 2 Coyote into about a year ago on the stock K-member and didn't have to do anything to the firewall or CMCV components to complete the install. I'll give it an inspection and report my findings, since the engine position provided by the Prothane mounts on the stock K-member is the same fore/aft engine reference position used by the Hooker Blackheart SN95/New Edge Coyote swap system.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
SN95/New Edge CMCV fitment reference

I've taken a couple of photos of the top-side fitment of the 2017 Gen 2 Coyote engine in our 1998 GT test mule car to post here as a reference to the fitment of the Gen 2 CMCV canisters in this application. This install was carried out using the stock K-member, engine mounts, suspension and radiator. You can see the location of the higher of the two CMCV canisters in the first two pictures and the overall front and back clearances of the engine in the last image. This is the engine positioning the Hooker Blackheart SN95/New Edge Coyote swap system provides and the same 1-3/4" headers shown fitted with the AJE and Maximum Motorsports MMKM-2 K-member can also be installed with the stock K-member as used in the installation in this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello: newbie here that just happened to trip upon your blackheart headers for coyote swap 70103317-RHKR and jumped at the opportunity as I am doing a 1985 LX hatchback with a 2013 coyote and 6R80 transmission. I am having some fitment issues with the driver side and am wondering why the collector is kicked in so much towards the transmission? So much so that it interferes with the shifter cable and mount. sorry if these pics are too large. Since the old transmission cross member mounts are to be cut out anyways, why not more like the SN95 setup and have the collector go straight back? Novice car builder and forum poster.

I love the fitment otherwise. Factory starter fits, can get to all the bolts easily, welds look great, flange weld cleanup was spot on. I just wish the driver side was as shown in your pictures for the SN95 as this setup will not work with the factory location of the 6R80 shifter cable mount.

Any help would be great!!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hello: newbie here that just happened to trip upon your blackheart headers for coyote swap 70103317-RHKR and jumped at the opportunity as I am doing a 1985 LX hatchback with a 2013 coyote and 6R80 transmission. I am having some fitment issues with the driver side and am wondering why the collector is kicked in so much towards the transmission? So much so that it interferes with the shifter cable and mount. sorry if these pics are too large. Since the old transmission cross member mounts are to be cut out anyways, why not more like the SN95 setup and have the collector go straight back? Novice car builder and forum poster.

I love the fitment otherwise. Factory starter fits, can get to all the bolts easily, welds look great, flange weld cleanup was spot on. I just wish the driver side was as shown in your pictures for the SN95 as this setup will not work with the factory location of the 6R80 shifter cable mount.

Any help would be great!!
Hello hbull. I received the pictures you sent in to the Holley Tech Service crew yesterday and supplied them with information and a few pictures that should be able to assist you in getting your shifter operational. In short, the driver side collector is tipped inward to work in conjunction with the inlet pipe geometry of the coming Hooker Blackheart Fox Body Mustang exhaust systems to route the exhaust past the transmission and around the transmission crossmember receiver brackets on the driver side of the car. Due to the limited space in that area imposed by the stock vehicle design architecture, it requires the use of an aftermarket shifter lever/cable assembly to be used and possibly the fabrication of a custom bracket to anchor the cable to the side of the transmission case, similar to this image I found online of a typical 6R80 installation in a Fox Body.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for responding in thread and in private. Many friends in the bracket races here use supercomp headers and I have always liked Holley.
Seeing what the options are, I will have to modify the collector to keep clear of the trans. Being only in stage 1 of my build (mostly stock) this is only a minor inconvenience in the way of motor/wiring swapping. Thanks for taking on these common swaps and making life easier for most people. Good luck with the full exhaust setup, hopefully your developing an in house shifter/cable mount for a complete package. Every one of these swaps are a little different and what people are willing to cut out or change in the stock vehicle often gets in the way of best solution. I decided to take all stock items out of the car and replace with a complete 2013 chassis and body harness gauges and switch gear. The car is ready to fire but for the exhaust so I hope to fire the car next week and chase down any bugs for tuning in mid Feb.. Overall it doesn't take a year to do the swap. A friend and I working in a garage with no lift pulled the motor and stock wiring on 11/15 and only working odd weekends, expect to have this to the dyno with about 20 man days effort. only item i am still chasing is a drive shaft as we don't have local shops that can do what I need to turn 8k + rpm.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I appreciate you adding your feedback/experience to this thread hbull. Yes, coming up with a Mustang Coyote swap system components that allow an installer to use every conceivable combination of engine, transmission and ancillary parts he wishes to use is a tall order. Your installation will help add to the knowledge base that gets created here for users of the Hooker Blackheart Coyote swap components to draw from to address relative situations that may come up in their swaps.

I will use feedback that I gather from this thread to add notes to our web listings and instruction sheets we have for these components, and to inform the Holley Product Management team of possible new product ideas that I believe may of value to the Mustang Coyote swap crowd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, are the engine mounts available yet to bolt a coyote to the 87-93 stock k member? If they are, what is the part # and who do I order from? Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The engine mounting brackets for the 1984-93 stock K-members have not been released yet and won't be until the oil pan that is required to be able to install them has made its way through the development process. Since the development of those components are the most complex of all the components within the system, they will more than likely be the last to become available. I don't foresee that happening anytime before the end of April.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The engine mounting brackets for the AJE and Team Z K-members have now been released. There are specific sets for the Fox Body and SN95/New Edge applications. Here is some relative product release info. The pricing shown on the Holley website for the SN95/New Edge engine brackets is currently incorrect and will get corrected to match that of the Fox Body engine brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
It's been a while since I've checked in here and will provide an update in the following couple of days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Just for clarity. Are you skipping support for the 94-95 model year cars or will that kit be a combination of parts from the foxes and 96 and up models?
Fitment validation of the Hooker Blackheart Coyote swap system components has been carried out in the 1994-95 cars and the combination of parts required in that application turned out to be what I expected, which is described as follows:

Installation on a stock 94-95 K-member
- requires the use of the Hooker Blackheart Fox Body stock K-member engine mounting brackets (coming soon), a new specific Coyote swap oil pan (coming soon) and the Hooker Blackheart BH3364 1-3/4" SN95/New Edge headers.

Installation on Maximum Motorsports MMKM 2.1, or UPR mod-motor K-member- requires the use of the stock, poly, or solid mod-motor mounts and the Hooker Blackheart BH3364 1-3/4" SN95/New Edge headers.

Installation on an AJE or Team Z K-member has not been carried out at this point in time

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Glad to see this thread pop back up, as I'm in the process of buying a Gen 2 Coyote for a Fox platform track day car. A little bummed to see that only the 1-3/4" headers will work with the MM K-member I've got to install, but I'll survive. The car is still going to have plenty of go-power!

Early in the thread you posted some pics of the 1-3/4" headers on a MM K-member with the stock oil pan and with a Moroso oil pan. Is that the aluminum (20576) or steel (20575) Moroso pan? In the pictures on Moroso's website the two pans look pretty much the same, but the line drawings show pretty significant dimensional differences (steel pan is ~2" narrower and ~2" deeper).

Edit: Looks like they've got the wrong line drawing on the 20576 page. The description says the pan is 6-5/8" deep, same as the steel pan, which makes sense based on eyeballing the pics on each page. But the line drawing shows the aluminum pan is only 4-3/8" deep, so I think it's just the wrong diagram.

Edit2: Got a reply from Moroso confirming that the 20575 and 20576 pans are the same depth, it's just the wrong line drawing on the website.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Glad to see this thread pop back up, as I'm in the process of buying a Gen 2 Coyote for a Fox platform track day car. A little bummed to see that only the 1-3/4" headers will work with the MM K-member I've got to install, but I'll survive. The car is still going to have plenty of go-power!

Early in the thread you posted some pics of the 1-3/4" headers on a MM K-member with the stock oil pan and with a Moroso oil pan. Is that the aluminum (20576) or steel (20575) Moroso pan? In the pictures on Moroso's website the two pans look pretty much the same, but the line drawings show pretty significant dimensional differences (steel pan is ~2" narrower and ~2" deeper).
Hello Patrick, the Moroso pan shown in the earlier photos I posted is the 20575 pan. Is that Maximum Motorsports K-member you have an MMKM-2.1?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Got it, thanks for the quick response!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Patrick, here's a few images of the Hooker Blackheart 1-3/4" Fox Body Coyote swap headers on a display I built that is equipped with the Maximum Motorsports MMKM-2.1 K-member, which is the set-up you would be using in your car.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Since the release of the Coyote swap engine mounting brackets that I highlighted in post #53, all the Hooker Blackheart 1979-2004 Mustang engine swap exhaust systems have been released. That would include the 2.5" and 3" full-length stainless systems for the 1979-93 and 1995-2004 applications, and the 3" muffler/turn-down stainless systems for the same.

41 - 60 of 108 Posts