Ford Mustang Forums banner
181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello to all. I introduced myself the other day in the new members thread as the design engineer responsible for the development of Hooker Blackheart engine swap systems at Holley.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I am building this thread to provide technical support for the Hooker Blackheart Mustang Coyote swap systems,that are beginning to get released, to all members of this forum. I am taking it upon myself to do this due to the positive experience I've had giving similar support for our LS swap systems on other enthusiast forums over the last 7-8 years.

These forum tech threads I build and maintain serve to function as a single-point source of reference information that can easily be searched and accessed by the reader. Please keep in mind that that I do not have any involvement with the sale of products sold by Holley, so I cannot offer any information related to those activities.

However, if you want to know what you can, or cannot do with the Hooker Blackheart Coyote swap system, or how the components differ from other Coyote swap products, that I can do for you more effectively than anyone else employed by Holley. Also, some information I give here will be preliminary to the actual release of these parts, so please ask/post any relative questions you have here in this thread.

I welcome inquiries about these swap systems directly within this thread, so other readers can benefit from the information, or through my message box.
I have spent the better part of a year developing all the parts that will eventually be released and discussed in this thread, so please bear with me while I endeavor to cover all the information...there is at lot to cover.

With the introduction and intention of this thread out of the way, let me conclude this first post by giving a general describing what the Hooker Blackheart Coyote swap systems are designed to do.

The Hooker Blackheart 1979-93 and 1996-2004 Mustang Coyote swap systems are designed to provide a comprehensive solution for the engine/transmission mounting, and header and exhaust system requirements associated with performing a Coyote engine swap in these vehicles.

These systems consist of a multitude of engine mounting brackets and transmission crossmember options that permit a user to install a Coyote engine into a 1979-93 or 1996-2004 Mustang (using a stock, Maximum Motorsports, AJE or Team Z K-member) in conjunction with a T45, TKO, TR3650, T56, Powerglide, 4R70W, 6R80 or MT82 transmission.

In addition to these mounting components, these systems also include headers and exhaust systems co-developed with the mounting components to be fully compatible with all the listed transmissions. The headers were carefully designed to address some of the issues that were noticed to be still causing users issues, such having to notch oil pan sumps to clear the headers, non-compatibility with automatic transmissions and poor serviceability of starters and transmissions/clutches after completion of the swap.

There is a shared design characteristic of the Hooker Coyote swap systems that makes the interchangeability of all the involved components possible, and that is the engine and transmission mounting location remaining in the same position regardless of the engine K-member being used.

This reference position is represented as the crankshaft height and passenger side offset and the engine/transmission bellhousing mating plane remaining in the stock Ford location. With that positioning being set, using an aftermarket engine K-member is merely an option and no longer a requirement to perform a Coyote swap into these cars, for those using the Hooker Blackheart 1-3/4" headers for these applications. The 1-7/8" and 2" Hooker Blackheart headers require the greater fitment envelope provided by the AJE and Team Z K-member for installation.

As I stated, there is a lot of information that will be shared here over the coming weeks and months, that I hope many of you will find helpful and valuable. This will include technical data sheets, parts selection guides and many, many photographs. I look forward to becoming part of the community here and helping out with your Coyote swap project needs as best I can. Feel free to ask away with any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
4 Posts
only problem is trying to find complete set on website is impossible, couldn't find part number for 1 kit containing everything, stuck piecing it together and fitment description not helpful example system for coyote swapped new edge with 4r70w, the mid pipe is not known to tech if it will work with #bh3365 and the wait time for this part is ridiculous and price is 3 times the competition and the kmembers used are very flimsy anyone use a quality member like BMR?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, I’m installing a 52XS aluminator in my ‘96 Cobra with Maximum Motorsports MMKM-2 k-member and Prothane mounts. Looks like the BH3364 1-3/4” headers are the only ones available for this application. Would they be recommended for 600 n/a hp?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also, do you offer swap solution with ECU for Innov8 ITB induction?

181 - 184 of 184 Posts