Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a cowl induction hood for my cobra i am looking for a steel one cause i want to try and saty away from fiberglass. if i could get some help with sites to check out or companies to look at i would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I don't know of anyone who sells steel hoods. The stock hood is a composite of some kind (not steel), maybe fiberglass and all the aftermarket companys sell fiberglass. I know the chevy guys can get the steel cowl hood from trucks to Malibus.

·
Registered
543 Posts
jabroni3411 said:
Im looking for a cowl induction hood for my cobra i am looking for a steel one cause i want to try and saty away from fiberglass. if i could get some help with sites to check out or companies to look at i would appreciate it. Thanks
If you dont want a fiberglass hood you better go outside and take your stock one off. ALTHOUGH honestly I wouldnt have known either if I wouldnt have gotten in a little wreck. My hood cracked about an inch up from the front of it and there it was splintered fiberglass.

From what I have seen and heard the kaeneen (sp??) hoods are the best out there. Steeda sells them and Mustang parts specialties sells them. I got the saleen heat extractor style hood from MPS made by them and it fits great!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts