Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is will two hood pins be enough to hold a hood down if you have no hood latch or do you need to go to the dzus fasteners and dump the hood pins.

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Two hood pins are fine up front if the rear is held with the stock hinges.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pins

Hi

Yea I have the stock rear hinge and want to keep that if I can. I hate the lift off hoods they are so annoying and on windy days at the track the worst. I purchased the 417 front setup and want to make it work with the stock style hood.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Got pictures of the 417 kit installed? I’m assuming they have some sort of a provision or place to weld them or bolt them on to on the top bar? I’m really interested in their kit and like to see how everything works.

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Hi

Yea I have the stock rear hinge and want to keep that if I can. I hate the lift off hoods they are so annoying and on windy days at the track the worst. I purchased the 417 front setup and want to make it work with the stock style hood.
I have never had an issue with my lift off hood at the track in 3 years. Maybe it is because I dont race at the "windy" tracks....lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I do not have any photos of it installed this is as far as I have gotten. It does not have any spot for pins so I will have to make that work or go to the dzus rails. Did anyone on here use this front with pins? I can do a lift off but I have personally scene some of my friends hoods blow away or fall or even worse be in grass and get stepped on.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts