Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in the bodyshop to get the new hood & bumper cover sprayed. The shop is going to spray the underside of the hood tomorrow and I need to tell them where exactly to place the hood pins. I know that you can mount them on the radiator support but where? I would really like to keep the original hood stops-those rubber pads near the fenders-if I can. Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
These are real easy and will look factory if you do it this way. The two adjustable stops on the front radiator support that adjust up or down will need to be taken out. You now may need to notch/file the middle of the rectangle hole so the pin will slide down in it. File a little off each side until it fits. Now all you need to do is fish the nut up in the bottom and tighten it.

After they are installed you may need a big pipe to bend them around to the correct location(so the holes will be centered on each side) I used the FRPP stainless pin kit. Hope this helps.

Of course, if you want to keep the adjustable stops you will need to drill holes somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts